Monday, November 28, 2011

ex·pa·tri·ate - A very lucky person living in a foreign land.


Single in the City
 by Michele Gorman was without a doubt the best book ever! I rarely read books that are based in other countries (mostly because not a lot of authors write books that are mainly based in another country). Reading this book just made me want to go to London even more! I've always wanted to go to London to see all of what's there and reading this book kinda gave me a glimpse of what London has to hold.

Single in the City is about a 26 year old American who flies to London on the spur of the moment. She has no job, no friends and no clue on how to "build" her dream life. While in search of new love, new life and a sense of herself, she meets new roommates (who are from Australia) and new friends who all help her as she goes on the search for Mr. Right.

Things I loved about this book, what's not to love? I loved it all! It was funny and it was fast-paced. Reading this book, I could actually put myself in Hannah's place and see it all in my mind as if I was living that life. I was reading this late last night and everyone was asleep and I had to hold my laugher in because I didn't want to wake anyone up. There wasn't any thing that was bad about this book. I didn't get confused at any parts throughout the book or have to go back and reread something because it didn't make sense or anything. The book just flowed along and there wasn't a single boring part in this book!


2 comments:

Michele Gorman said...

Shelby, I'm so happy you liked Single in the City, thanks for reading it! Mx

Anonymous said...

Nice review, it sounds like Single in the City is worth reading! I agree with you that it is a nice change to read books that take place in other countries. You should read some British authors- I promise they will not disappoint. From the books you review I think you would enjoy Sophia Kinsella. Thanks again for the review!

Post a Comment